Re: strange desktop behaviour after screen resolution change

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 23:34, James Strandboge wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 17:07, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > As I said I've experienced the same problem with nvidia drivers, I've
> > > lost all my X configuration, no more Xvideo, dialog box opened between
> > > two desktop, all my windows positions was lost, impossibility to open a
> > > window centered on my screen, etc... and these bugs was gone without
> > > changing something in sawfish.
> >
> > But the workaround which works for the submitter is changing the window
> > manager, not the driver; in fact, he explicitly says that the problem
> > occured with both nvidia and nv drivers.
>
> IIRC the nv driver is for the most part maintained by nvidia,

By one XFree86 developer which happens to be employed by nVidia, yes.

> so it is not unreasonable to both affected.

Even if the drivers had much of anything in common, it's unlikely that a
bug which appeared recently (right?) in the proprietary nvidia driver
was already present in the nv driver in a released version of XFree86...