strange desktop behaviour after screen resolution change

Hi,

Few days ago I realized that there are more screen resolutions than 1024x768, so I decided to try some others out. Namely I tried 1280x1024 and 1152x864. The problem is that after resolution change I cannot use all of my desktop space. Namely I cannot to move icons out of 1024x768 space. Nautilus is responsible for desktop drawing, and desktop is my home dir. Everything else is normal, windows occupy all space, Xfree86.0.log says that virtual desktop size is the same as resolution. So I concluded that this is some gnome component problem. I tried to search the net, but did not found anything related. Has anyone experienced such problems? If someone did, what needs to be changed? Maybe there is some hidden gconf key which says use this resolution and no other? If it is a bug, against what package I should file it? Is this the right list for asking about this problem?

I use up to date sid on AMD 750MHz box with 256 RAM and Nvidia Riva TNT2 video card with 32 MB. I use nvidia drivers 1.0.3233 (do not remember version number exactly) maybe that's the problem?

I noticed another annoying thing when changing resolutions. Everytime I change resolutions, dpi also changes, so after restarting X and logging into gnome, I have run xdpyinfo, figure out dpi, then change dpi setting in fonts capplet and restart gnome. Another bad thing if X sets dpi to some 98x101. In fonts capplet I can change only to 98x98 or 101x101. When X dpi setting and gnome dpi setting differ font sizes become very messy. Should I file a bug?

Thanks for your answers.

Mpiktas