Re: strange desktop behaviour after screen resolution change

<quote who="Michel D?nzer">

> > The problem is that after resolution change I cannot use all of my
> > desktop space. Namely I cannot to move icons out of 1024x768 space.
> > Nautilus is responsible for desktop drawing, and desktop is my home dir.
> > Everything else is normal, windows occupy all space, Xfree86.0.log says
> > that virtual desktop size is the same as resolution. So I concluded that
> > this is some gnome component problem. I tried to search the net, but did
> > not found anything related. Has anyone experienced such problems? If
> > someone did, what needs to be changed? Maybe there is some hidden gconf
> > key which says use this resolution and no other? If it is a bug, against
> > what package I should file it?
>
> If you change the resolution using something like xrandr, it's probably
> Nautilus not being RandR aware yet.

This works in the 2.3 devel releases, so will be in 2.4. Just confirmed with
Anders, who added it. :-)

- Jeff

--
Get Informed: SCO vs. IBM                            http://sco.iwethey.org/

    "Jane Austen is the Don Burke of romantic comedy." - Andrew Bennetts