Re: Gnome2.2, Sawfish, window dramas

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:30:16 +0200, Menaka Lashitha Bandara wrote:

> G'day all.
>
> I run Gnome2.2 with sawfish as my favourite WM :). The only problem is
> that windows are placed on top of the gnome-panel bar. Is there any way
> to "block" the top part of the screen where the panel exists. Ie, to
> make the geometry of the screen seem smaller so that windows can't get
> to the panel?

Hi!

Do you use Debian Woody? Perhaps there's a separate package for
Sawfish with Gnome2 support in it...

Something else you could try is to create an entry for your
panel in the 'Matched Windows' category in sawfish-ui, and
then
set 'Placement'->'Avoid:[x]'
and 'Placement'->'Depth' to a pretty high value

Not sure, if it works, though. Sawfish worked out of the box
with Gnome2.2 here in my Debian SID...

cu
  f:b

--