Re: non trival problem with gtk1 and font size on SID

El lun, 07-07-2003 a las 17:00, Krzysztof Kajkowski escribió:
> Hello!
>
> Adter switching to SID - from a mini-iso cd woody instalation - I have
> encountered a great problem with gtk1 applications linke xmms or
> xcdroast. Font size in that app's is so small that all texts in there is
> practically unreadable. This is very annoying and I cannot make any use
> of this applications.
>
> To fix this problem I was googling for a while and did some tweaks but
> it didn't help. I have found:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2003/debian-gtk-gnome-200304/msg00093.html
>
> and I did as it suggested: downloaded ms fonts, installed them, added to
> the XWindows config (and, from the log, I'm sure it finds fonts), run
> the switch program and chosen the apropriate font. The font in switch
> program has changed but after I run f.egz. xcdroast font remains the
> same.
>
> I have discovered that in switch app there are only four fonts visible
> in iso8859-2 encoding (which I use in local pl_PL.ISO-8859-2): charter,
> clean, courier (bistream) i fixed (misc).
>
> I think that my apps fail to get fonts they want and view the fixed font
> (which has only size 6 in iso8859-2 encoding) instead of chosen. It may
> be only my not very accurate assumption.
>
> please help me to make my desktop usefull again!
>
> cayco
>
> P.S. I have up-to-date SID with Xfree86 in version 4.3 from Branden's
> prite repository, I can send all logs if necessary
> P.P.S. Please CC me because I am not a subscriber of gtk-gnome

	Hello, i have got the same problem.  You have to edit the
XF86Config-4.  Comment the:

# FontPath       "unix/:7100"

and put in the first place

FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"

without comments.  And I installed also the xfonts-transcoded these
packages i had installed:

ii  xfonts-100dpi- 4.3.0-0ds4     100 dpi fonts for X (transcoded from
ISO 106
ii  xfonts-75dpi-t 4.3.0-0ds4     75 dpi fonts for X (transcoded from
ISO 1064
ii  xfonts-base-tr 4.3.0-0ds4     standard fonts for X (transcoded from
ISO 10

Reboot X-server, and run !!

PS.-  If you don't understand something, sorry, but I'm not a native
English speaker.
--
Néstor Salceda(aka WiZiTo) wizito@iespana.es | 510180@ingta.unizar.es

"Leed y sereis libres"