Re: GNOME 2.2 summary 22/06/2003

Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> writes:

[...]

>> At least #180063 is a real security hole that probably takes a fair
>> amount of hacking to get fixed.
>
> Then I'll remove the xscreensaver-gnome suggests. I don't see a good
> reason to keep that. Another advice ?

[...]

If the RC bugs in xscreensaver aren't fixable for the moment, an
option would be to have the old package (4.0.5-9) removed from
testing. This would unstall gnome-control-center while giving the
xscreensaver maintainer the time to fix those bugs.

Or you could request the old control-center and libcapplet0 to be
purged from testing.

Just my 2 €-cent

Thanks,

Johannes