Re: System Monitor Applet

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 12:40:35PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
>> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>>
>> > BTW, my hardware-monitor applet doesn't build with gcc 3.3 anymore, it
>> > fails with :
>> >
>> > monitor-impls.cpp: Dans constructor « CpuUsageMonitor::CpuUsageMonitor(int) »:
>> > monitor-impls.cpp:111: error: `assert' undeclared (first use this function)
>> > monitor-impls.cpp:111: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
>> > 	once for each function it appears in.)
>> >
>> > A quick glance at the gcc 3.3 page at the gnu site did not give me
>> > anything conclusive. Short of simply commenting out all these asserts,
>> > do someone know the right solution for this ? Should i just include
>> > assert.h in the problematic files ? And if so, do i need to take care to
>> > test for pre gcc-3.3 versions and conditionally include the include file ?
>> >
>> monitor-impls.cpp is missing an #include <assert.h>
>
> Well, i got a new fixed upstream release to work around it. It includes
> <cassert.h> though, what is the difference ?

I guess you mean <cassert>. <cassert> is ISO C++ (only) whereas
<assert.h> is ISO C (and thus ISO C++ also). The <cFOO> headers
generally are the same as <FOO.h>, but put their stuff in namespace
std. See any C++ reference/book for details.

HTH, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

Python is executable pseudocode, Perl is executable line-noise.