problems updating accessibility modules in Gnome 2.2

Hi.  I'm trying to use the Gnome 2.2 Gnopernicus package.  It's having
problems reading my screen, so people on the gnome-accessibility list told me
I should update gnopernicus, gnome-speech, at-spi, and gail to the CVS
versions.  I can compile gnopernicus and at-spi with no problems, but
gail and atk give me errors.
When I try to configure gail, I get the following error:

checking for atk >= 1.3.0       gtk+-2.0 >= 2.1.3
libgnomecanvas-2.0 >= 2.0.0... Requested 'atk >= 1.3.0' but version of
Atk is 1.2.2

When I try to configure atk, I get the following:

You must have gtk-doc installed to compile Atk.
Install the appropriate package for your distribution,
or get the source tarball at
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gtk-doc/

Apt-cache gtk-doc doesn't find a package.  What package should be
installed to provide gtk-doc?
If I download the CVS version of gtk-doc, I get an error configuring it
also.

checking for XML catalog (/etc/xml/catalog)... not found

Does Debian have an XML catalog?  If so, what package provides it?

I am running the latest Gnome 2.2 from unstable.  If you need more
information, please ask.

Thanks in advance.
          Kenny