Re: Suggestion: packaging the GNOME HIG

Sven Herzberg <herzi@abi02.de> writes:

>   Why not have a package that includes some pages that serve as a gnome
> development documentation entry point. It may modify the httpd.conf in a
> way that http://localhost/gnomedev points to these entry pages and all
> other docs (hig, api-docs, ...) are linked from there.

Personally, I don't have a web server installed on my machine (sitting
on a dial-up line) and we already got the dhelp system for this sort
of purpose. When you install the -dev or -doc packages, they also
install the API reference for the library and register an entry so
that a link show up on

  file:///usr/share/doc/HTML/programming/index.html

The only problem with this is that the programming page can get pretty
large. The hierarchy should probably be deeper.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/