Gnome 2

Hello,

I am using Debian 3.0r0 (stable) and I have tried, without luck, to install
Gnome 2.2, using the instructions given on
http://people.debian.org/~walters/gnome2.html. I have installed XFree 4.2, and when I run "apt-get install
gnome", I get the following error message:

  gnome: Depends: gnome-core (= 21) but it is not going to be installed
         Depends: evolution but it is not going to be installed or
                  balsa but it is not going to be installed
         Depends: gnumeric but it is not installable
         Depends: gnucash but it is not going to be installed
         Depends: gaim but it is not going to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

Similarly, when I run "apt-get install gnome-core", I get:

  gnome-core: Depends: gnome-terminal (>= 2.1.0) but 1.4.0.6-5 is to be
installed
              Depends: yelp but it is not going to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

Is it a problem with my installation or with the server on which the Gnome 2
packages reside? Have anybody managed to make it work on this Debian
version?

Best regards,
Michael