Re: Java applets in Epiphany

On 30 Mar 2003 15:49:48 +0200
Ole Laursen <olau@hardworking.dk> wrote:

> Stian Jordet <liste@jordet.nu> writes:
>
> > søn, 30.03.2003 kl. 12.53 skrev Ole Laursen:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Has anyone here been able to make the Java plugin work in
> > > Epiphany? I've apt-got the Debian packages from Blackdown, but
> > > apparently Epiphany doesn't notice it. Placing a symlink in
> > > /usr/lib/mozilla-snapshot/plugins/ doesn't seem to do the trick.
> >
> > You most likely need a javaplugin compiled with gcc-3.2. Blackdown
> > has that.
>
> So how come it doesn't work? :-) I added
>
>   deb http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/java-linux/debian unstable main
>   non-free
>
> to /etc/apt/sources.list, updated and installed j2re1.4. Isn't that
> enough? Did you manage to get it to work? How?

i have the same problem with Sid's Mozilla, i can't get the java plugin
to work, it doesn't want to ! I installed the blackdown deb packages
from the apt source that mozilla's debian packagers give, but it still
doesn't work...

in facts, the blackdown packages work perfectly well with the binary
version of phoenix-0.5 which is not compiled with gcc-3.2 i think.

Julien