Re: evolution 1.4 preview on debian

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 20:51, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mit, 2003-03-26 at 02:26, Evan Martin wrote:
> > Are there any packages?
>
> Check out the X-Mailer header of this mail. :)
>

> >  - it wants libdb3 version 3.1.17 exactly, so I had to install that
> >    manually.
>
> This has always been included in the evolution source package.
>
> >  - it wants the pkg-config library "soup-2.0", which is provided by
> >    neither Debian's "libsoup2" (0.5.14) nor "libsoup" (0.7.10).  The
> >    version on the Evolution website is 1.99.12, so I had to install that
> >    manually.
>
> I built this from the libsoup CVS module.
>
> >  - it wants files from the gtkhtml3 datadir, which Debian's gtkhtml3
> >    pkg-config data helpfully points at the non-existent directory
> >    /usr/share/gtkhtml-3.0/ (specifically, it's looking for "Editor.idl",
> >    which does exist in the Debian packages "gtkhtml-1.1" and "gtkhtml"
> >    but not in any gtkhtml3-related package).
>
> Ah, didn't know there already are gtkhtml3.0 packages, so I rolled my
> own from CVS, and my gtkhtml3.0 package happens to contain that file. :)
>
> > And these may not be Debian's bugs:
> >  - there's some conflict between a header in libgal and an Evolution
> >    header.  they looked like they were both trying to prototype the same
> >    function.
>
> Didn't encounter this, maybe because I used a post 1.3.1 CVS snapshot of
> evolution.
>
> >  - /usr/share/idl/bonobo-activation-2.0/Bonobo_GenericFactory.idl,
> >    provided by the "bonobo-activation" package (I have 1:2.2.1.1-1)
> >    lacks an #endif at the end and fails to parse.
>
> Didn't encounter this either, weird.
>

> Now the question is how to make what I have (a bunch of hacked up
> packages built from CVS snapshots) public without embarassing myself too
> much. :) I guess I'll take a while to put up slightly cleaned up source
> packages, please bear with me as I'm generally very busy at the moment.

Since they wouldn't be official Debian packages anyway, I'd say just
throw them together for now so people can get at them. Just put a very
big disclaimer up saying that they may not, and most likely WILL not
work for everyone. Then you can clean it up later. :)

Oh, and since we're on the X-Mailer subject, check mine as well. :) I
built from the actual tarballs, though I'm thinking of rebuilding from
CVS soon to see if some of the little quirks have been taken care of
yet.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837