Re: Debian galeon packages

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 06:27:56PM +0100, Björn Torkelsson wrote:
> > Having used galeon-snapshot as my primary browser for quite some time now,
> > I agree; it's gotten quite stable.  I'm all for dropping galeon1 at this
> > point.  Compiling mozilla1.3 against gtk1.2 would be a step backwards.
> I tend to agree that galeon-snapshot is good enough for unstable, though
> I haven't used galeon-snapshot that much, except for one important
> thing. The UI for handling SSL certificates are still missing in
> galeon-snapshot.

My big concern about galeon2's usability is the different behaviour the
autocompletion has. In Mozilla and Galeon, even if they work
differently, as you type an address, the list of addresses unfolds
automatically, and you get the cached address automatically written in
the address bar. With Galeon2, I've noticed I have to press tab to get
some completion at all. I wish it would behave like Mozilla.

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/