Re: galeon-snapshot bug reporting

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 16:02, Nick Monkman wrote:
> I realize this isn't a list for reporting bugs, but I'm not sure how to
> file this one. With galeon-snapshot, if I navigate to the URL
> http://www.flipcode.com, the browser crashes. This also happens in
> mozilla-snapshot. It does not appear to happen with galeon (or mozilla).
> Is this a galeon-snapshot bug or a mozilla-snapshot bug? What's the best
> way to report something like this?

If mozilla-snapshot crashes, then it's not a bug in galeon-snapshot.
>From the other response to your question, it seems like this is probably
a bug in a plugin. If you run mozilla-snapshot from a console, you might
get some useful output.
If you write a bug report for the plugin, please say that mozilla has
been compiled with gcc 3.2 - If the plugin was compiled with gcc 2 then
that is highly likely to be the source of the problem

I think a patch has been committed to mozilla cvs in the past few days
which should stop the crash on plugin failure.
--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :