Re: galeon1 requires mozilla with gtk1

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 12:51:16PM +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Le ven 21/03/2003 à 10:47, Mark Howard a écrit :
>
> > * We need to be satisfied that galeon-snapshot is at least as stable as
> > galeon1. Everyone, please report any bugs you find in galeon-snapshot.
>
> Err .. I've got a segfault on this page:
> http://news.zdnet.fr/story/0,,t118-s2132254,00.html
> but bug-buddy doesn't show me the trace (it's empty). I dunno whose bug
> is this, but this doesn't seem like an useful bugreport, is it ?

Works fine with galeon-snapshot with versions :

ii  galeon-snapsho 1.3.3.20030317 Web browser for GNOME
ii  mozilla-browse 0.0.20030305.0 An Open Source WWW browser for X and GTK+ (C

That said, i only have the flash plugin from libmozswfdec.so installed,
which isn't full-featured, but my experience in galeon2 segfault stuff
is that most of those problems are plugin related. Most probably you are
using a flash/whatever proprietary plugin that is compiled with a
different libc/gcc than mozilla/galeon.

Friendly,

Sven Luther