Re: #180368 - nautilus-media

On Mit, Mär 12, 2003 at 01:42:07 -0800, Emil Soleyman-Zomalan wrote:
> : I wonder what is going on with nautilus-media. A month ago or so I filed
> : an RFP. Someone here on the list said he had prepared a package. Is
> : anyone planning to sponsor that package?
> :
> : I'm not a DD, but if the original packager doesn't have the time, I
> : would volunteer to maintain the package, if I find a sponsor.
>
> I still have the time to take care of the package. However, I haven't been
> actively searching for a DD to sponsor it since I'm not too familiar
> with sponsorships. I'd appreciate it if someone would guide me through it
> all.

The best would be to subscribe to the debian-mentors list and ask for
sponsorship there.

But before that you should probably iron out the duplicate dependency on
xlibs (maybe a debian/shlibs.local file is good for that, see Debian
policy chapter 9) and add the missing build-depends. I'd suggest:
libgstreamer0.6-dev and libgnomeui-dev (>=2.2.0). (if the latter isn't
implied by one of the existing relationships, which I don't think.)

Thanks,

Johannes