Re: startup programs priority, notification area and gnomemeeting.

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 10:56, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:47:01AM +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > > Is this not a bug in the session behavior ? Or should there not be a way
> > > to add a program to the default session ? Having to close all stuff
> > > except the wanted ones and then saving the session does hardly seem the
> > > most intuitive way of doing this for me.
> >
> > There already is a way. Simply run the application, leave it running and
> > it will start automatically. What's complicated about that ?
>
> Because i don't have save session on exit checked as default.

> > > Definitively a counter-intuitive behavior.
> >
> > Not really. It's clearly written in the Session properties that the
> > Startup programs tab is for *non-session managed* programs.
>
> Err, i don't know what you are speaking about, at least in the french
> locale, there is no such thing.

It used to be there in GNOME 1.4. I guess it's been removed. Check:
http://www.gnome.org/learn/users-guide/2.2.1/gosstartsession-2.html#gosstartsession-6

> > I launch a Perl script that updates the weather on my desktop in this
> > tab.
>
> Ok.
>
> Then, what is missing is an "add program to session" button or something
> in the current session tab.

You won't get that. You need to save your session to be able to do that.

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault