#154048 again

Hey,

Last month, we discussed about closing this bug. Apparently, we're
waiting for gdm and to get a few packages recompiled against the new
applet library.

We now know glibc will get into testing tomorrow, without GNOME2.

The bug was filed to stop GNOME's core entering testing before we were
happy about its state, but if it's against libgnomeui, it also stops
other GNOME2 apps such as gtetrinet.

The gtetrinet version in testing has a critical security bug, which
won't be fixed until the gnome2 version replaces it, which won't happen
while libgnomeui has a fake RC bug.

Can we just close it? It's not like the move to testing is happening
anytiem soon, anyway. libbonoboui and libxml2 also have RC bugs, both of
which appear to be quite easy to fix, and a few other pacakges are too
young to get into testing, so nothing would happen in a while.

I don't think that ghex or gdm should hold up the rest of GNOME2.2 or
GNOME2 apps. What do others think?

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/