Re: gnome-terminal crashing

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 22:31, Scott Henson wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 16:53, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 12:37:00PM -0500, Scott Henson wrote:
> > > The program 'gnome-terminal' received an X Window System error.
> > > This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> > > The error was 'BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length
> > > erro'.
> >
> > Xft bug I believe.
>
> I dont think so.  Its related to trasparent backgrounds.  I turned that
> off and my terminal hasnt crashed since.  Also I am starting it with
> --sync(I got that from a bug report) and that keeps it from crashing as
> well.

I am not seeing the problem here.  I enabled the transparent background,
am not using --sync, and went full screen and back 10 times and
maximized and back 10 times with no errors.

I am running my gnome2.2 backport on woody (current with sid as of a
couple days ago)-- compiled with gcc 2.95 and libc 2.2.5.  Maybe the
problem is in the compiler or libc?  I'd be happy to try more stuff to
try to reproduce the bug if you have it.

Jamie Strandboge

--
Email:        jstrand1@rochester.rr.com
GPG/PGP ID:   26384A3A