xdmcp, chooser and gdm

Hello all,

I have two computers (networked, 'f course) both with the same setup,
gdm + gnome 2.2 latest versions (I apt-get dist-upgrade every day on the
unstable branch).

The way I understood the Chooser is that I'd be able to get the gdm
login screen of PC #2 on PC #1 .

I've found an (outdated) xdmcp howto, but it mixed gdm, kdm and xdm in
the same howto, and the end result is that I' don't get that expected
result.

Is there anyone kind enough to explain what to do (if it IS possible, in
the first place !), which config files to modify, etc ?

Many, many thanks !

Jeff