Re: Still no desktop icons with gnome 2.2.0 and nautilus 2.2.0.2

On Mit, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:15:03 +0100, Ronald van Engelen wrote:

> > > Yes:
> > > ii  gnome-icon-theme      1.0.0-1
> >
> > and did you try to change the icon theme using gnome-theme-manager?
>
> Yes, see:
>
> >         Tried editing gconf by hand, choosing other icon-themes,
	          ^      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What do you mean by that? using gconftool-2 or editing the actual
xml-files?

> >         removing
> >         .nautilus .gnome-desktop .gconf* directories, but nothing
> >         seems to work.

Sorry, maybe this was a stupid question. But here you did _not_ mention
using the gnome-theme-manager. What exactly happened when You tried to
do so?  Which gconf-Keys did you edit?

~/.nautilus, ~/.gnome-desktop and ~/.gnome* are not important here.
Setting the icon theme is done in gconf.

The key is called /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme. Set it to
"Default" or "gnome", or did you try exactly that before?

Thanks,

Johannes