Re: abiword-common conflicts

This one time, at band camp, Matt Brubeck said:
> On Feb 7, Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > > This is explained in bug 179891:
> > >
> > >   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=179891
> >
> > It is reported, but it would be nice if the problem was fixed instead of
> > 'explained'.
>
> The abiword maintainer has been working hard, and closed several bugs I
> filed last week, with a lag of only about five days.  I'm sure this will
> be fixed in the next upload.  Just wait a couple days.

Um, I was able to get 1.1.3 installed, but you don't really want that
version. It's HORRIBLY broken. I have not had time to file bug reports,
but its VERY slow loading files, it has trouble with margins where it
thinks that  the page in part of my document is only 2" wide and I can't
fix it even by exporting / importing with different formats, manually
editing the XML, etc. There are many other problems with that version.

In other words, it is TOTALLY unusable for anything at all. It can't
even handle very simplistic documents.

It seems to be an in-flux development version that is not at all ready
for public consumption.