Re: How to compile GNOME 1.4 panel applets on Sid now?

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 03:13:15PM +0100, Christian Marillat scribbled:
> Marek Habersack <grendel@debian.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > however, libpanel-applet0 does not contain the devel files required to
> > compile the code - how can it replace libpanel-applet-dev then? And how do I
> > compile the code now?
>
> This package has been removed from unstable.
I noticed. Still, the libpanel-applet0 package should not replace
libpanel-applet-dev. The former does not provide what the latter used to -
therefore it is _not_ a replacement and it creates an unnecessary confusion.

> You have 2 solutions :
>
> 1) Ask upstream to use GNOME 2
>
> 2) File a bug agaisnt ftp.debian.org to remove your package.
  3) Drop gnome1 applets support from my package, which is what I just did.

thanks,

marek