Re: bogus bug reports blocking important packages from entering testing

[Trying to move this to debian-release - please check headers on reply]

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 13:28:31 +0000, Rob Bradford wrote:
> One person asked me yesterday if testing was active. Theoretically it is,
> but this glibc blocker is a problem. Hopefully this will be resolved in
> march, see #171659 for details.

Currently, http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html.gz#glibc
says "glibc (source) is buggy! (3 > 0)", linking to
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=glibc&sev-inc=critical&sev-inc=grave&sev-inc=serious

I understand #175526 and #178645 blocking percolation to testing, but I
strongly doubt #171659 should: it is (correctly) tagged woody, sarge, sid
and thus shouldn't IMHO be counted when comparing the number of RC bugs in
the sid version to the sarge version. I'd expect to see "glibc (source) is
buggy! (2 > 0)". This seems like a bug in dak to me.

Ray
--
UNIX is not so much a product as it is a painstakingly compiled oral history
of the hacker culture. It is our Gilgamesh epic.