Re: Display home dir

Ole Laursen wrote:
Hm, a dubious move. Having the home directory is desktop is very
convenient. Anyway, I have the setting

How can you live with that setting? I tried it, but my desktop gets cluttered with a things like:

arts/
GNUstep/
public_html/
Desktop/
mail/
nsmail/
Mail/
Aethera/
elisp/
News/
bin/
evolution/
komba/
autosave/
PlugIn/

...that I can't just get rid of, since they store data for various applications. Do you guys all deal with 15 extra folders sitting on your desktop (maybe hide them under a panel or something), or do you just delete these things (and boycott their respective applications forever)?