Re: nautilus a virus ??

On 26 Jan 2003 20:50:22 +0100
Kenneth Johansson <ken@kenjo.org> wrote:

> The first time I used nautilus I thought that is was slow and not very
> efficient in displaying files (large icons and to much unused space
> resulting in few files fitting on a page) but I thought that it can
> only get better with time. Unfortunately I was wrong.

Nautilus is getting better i can say that, still unusable i think (for
my needs) and too heavy for my slow system i just prefer Rox.

> How the F**k do I get it out of my root window?? I do not want the
> piece of shit to draw anything on the background.

Just start "nautilus --help" and you'll get the start option for what
you want. Don't remember it, but something like --no-desktop

> If that is not possible how do I get it to not RESTART. I guess I
> could aways remove it.

1) launch the session program :
Applications > Desktop Preferences > Advanced > Sessions
or gnome-session-properties

2) remove nautilus from the session
tab : current session
select nautilus
select normal and not restart
click on remove

Please next time be more polite or everybody will just send your message
to trash.

Julien