Crux & icon themes

Hi,

The new upstream version of the GTK Crux engine (for which I've uploaded a
"bare" version for GTK 2.2 which was only seconds late to get picked up by
dinstall so it is sitting in incoming now :-<) includes an icon theme.
I'm going to put that in a separate binary package, and I guess more of
these will come along in the future, so I'm asking here first about a naming
convention, as happened with GTK themes.

The obvious choice would be icon-themes-<somename>. I'd avoid adding "gtk",
"gnome" or another such specific label to it as icon themes are a draft spec
of the desktop discussion group and should be(come) interchangeable between
desktops and non-desktop applications even. Any objections?

On a related note, what about metathemes? Should they be packaged separate,
too, being (AFAIK) only one XML file and perhaps a preview image? How are
they handled by GTK & GNOME, and what happens if say the GTK theme specified
in a metatheme I choose isn't installed?

Regards,

Filip

--
Steal this tagline.  I did.