Re: fontilus and GDK_USE_XFT

Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> writes:

> <quote who="Johannes Rohr">
>
> > BTW: When I said that "fontilus" fails, I meant
> > "gnome-font-viewer". Visiting fonts:/// works: I get font listing
> > there. What fails is viewing a font by clicking on it.
>
> Try:
>
>   gnome-font-viewer fonts:///Arial
>
> etc.

jr@rudi:~$ gnome-font-viewer fonts:///Arial
** Message: could not open URI
could not load face 'fonts:///Arial'
jr@rudi:~$ gnome-font-viewer fonts:///arial
** Message: could not open URI
could not load face 'fonts:///arial'
jr@rudi:~$

FYI: msttcorefonts is installed.

> > Should I try playing around with /etc/X11/XftConfig?
>
> No, XftConfig is obsoleted when you're using fontconfig/Xft2-based software.

I see. Then, it's just confusing that setting GDK_USE_XFT to 1 breaks
fontilus/gnome-font-viewer, since I assumed that this env variable is
not used by Xft2-based software.

Thanks,

Johannes
--