Re: GTK+ libraries 2.2 are released

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 01:04:29AM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Yes, I'll do a new package tomorow, then you can upload gtk 2.2 in
> unstable.
>
> Christian

Uhm. No. GNOME 2.0 uses Gtk 2.0. That's what it released with and that's
what unstable should stick at until we're going to put GNOME 2.2 in. Gtk
2.2 is a part of GNOME 2.1, which will become GNOME 2.2. I really don't
want all my Gtk2 apps to suddenly change behaviour, or become
uninstallable, or break, or anything like that. Just wait until GNOME
2.2 is out and it's been staged somewhere, and you can put all this in
at once. Just because it's called unstable doesn't make it a good idea
to be reckless.

Rob