Re: Gaim CVS snapshot packages

On dt, 2002-12-17 at 23:00, Robert McQueen wrote:
> As followers of Gaim will know, the only releases being put out for *nix
> at the moment are gtk1-based stable releases from the 0.59.x branch.
> This leaves us GNOME2/Gtk2 users out in the cold whilst heavy
> development work proceeds in CVS. By popular request, I have made a
> system for packaging gaim CVS snapshots, and the first off the
> production line is today's, 1:0.60cvs20021217-1.
>
> Please read README.Debian for info on new features and known issues,
> especially the image/conversation window feature regressions due to
> heavy code rewriting. If you have problems with Gaim, try #gaim on
> irc.freenode.net, or the bug tracker on sf.net/projects/gaim, or failing
> that mail me at robot101@debian.org.
>
> Also please mail me if you find any packaging bugs. I'm particularly
> interested in upgrades from the gaim/gaim-gnome packages in sid at the
> moment. What do you end up with in /usr/share/doc/gaim*?
>
> Plenty of development has happened... plenty more has to be done. Please
> treat as beta-quality, if not alpha. With that in mind, the sources.list
> lines are:
>  deb     http://people.debian.org/~robot101/gaim unstable cvs
>  deb-src http://people.debian.org/~robot101/gaim unstable cvs
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Regards,
> Rob

Thank you!

If tried it and at first sight it seems to have imported correctly my
accounts (I haven't been able to actually chat because nobody was online
:( )...

I copy the info you requested (if you want me to look at something else
just tell):

BEFORE INSTALLING:

ottoana:/home/josep# dpkg -l | grep gaim
ii  gaim           0.59.6-1       GPL multi-protocol instant messenger
client
ii  gaim-common    0.59.6-1       GPL multi-protocol instant messenger
client
rc  gaim-gnome     0.58-2         GPL multi-protocol instant messenger
client

ottoana:/home/josep# ls /usr/share/doc/gaim*
/usr/share/doc/gaim:
AUTHORS		     copyright	FAQ.gz	       README.Debian  TODO
changelog.Debian.gz  CREDITS	NEWS.gz        README.gz
changelog.gz	     examples	PERL-HOWTO.gz  SIGNALS.gz

/usr/share/doc/gaim-common:
AUTHORS		     copyright	FAQ.gz	       README.Debian  TODO
changelog.Debian.gz  CREDITS	NEWS.gz        README.gz
changelog.gz	     examples	PERL-HOWTO.gz  SIGNALS.gz

AFTER INSTALLING:
ottoana:/home/josep# dpkg -l | grep gaim
ii  gaim           0.60cvs2002121 GPL multi-protocol instant messenger
client
rc  gaim-gnome     0.58-2         GPL multi-protocol instant messenger
client

ottoana:/home/josep# ls /usr/share/doc/gaim*
AUTHORS		     copyright	FAQ.gz	       README.Debian  TODO.gz

--
Josep Monés i Teixidor <jmones@myrealbox.com>
Clau GnuPG: http://www.arrakis.es/~jmones/gpg/jmones_myrealbox_com.asc