Re: Keyboard repeat problem

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 04:57, Zsolt Babak wrote:
Hi Zsolt,

> Symptom: when I push and keep down any cursor key it works, but sometimes
> (seems really random, I could not reproduce, or relate it to anything...)
> it prints a 2, 6, 8 or one more number I can't remember (depending on the
> cursor key pressed), and keeps printing it even if I release the button,
> until a push any key (does not need to be a cursor key).
I had a similar problem with keys "hanging" until another key was pressed.
The reason was a "wrong" keyboard repeat rate, so you could try
	xset -r "rate 660 25"
to change the repeat rate to values working for me. If this solves your
problem, you should set these values permanently via the control center
or the gconf editor.

This is a known bug in the BTS (but I do not remember its bug number),
so you could also take a look there.

--
Herzliche Grüße / kind regards
Stefan Rotsch