Re: XFT and GNOME 2

Once I've set GDK_USE_XFT, the fonts Monospace, Sans and Serif in the
GNOME fontpicker all refer to the same font. This clearly should not
be
the case: a font cannot both be Sans and Serif at the same time, can
it?

hi,

with this settings in /etc/X11/Xftconfig it works fine for me:

match any family == "serif" edit family += "Times New Roman"; match any family == "sans" edit family += "Tahoma";
match any family == "monospace"         edit family += "Andale Mono";

my sid hasn't any Luxi fonts by default, so the default settings (they pointed to several Luxi fonts) can't work ! also there is written "mono" in the orig. file, this doesn't work as the match must be "monospace". So the solution should be just to point the default debian Xftconfig to existing fonts and keep an eye on the upcoming fontconfig stuff for right defaults form the beginning.

ciao
	oli