Re: dependency problems with gnome

Hate to reply to myself but

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 06:08:38PM +1000, Ian Wienand wrote:

> For some reason, the panel and various menu's have defaulted to this
> hideous ArnoldBoecklin font.  I can find one reference to this
> happening to someone else via google, but no real resoultion.

this is with anti-aliased fonts only.  for some reason, most of my
fonts can't be anti-alised or something, so they all default to the
first one that can, ArnoldBoecklin.

> also on login i get an error
>
> "An error ocurred while loading or saving configuration information
> for gnome-settings-daemon. Some of your configuration settings may
>not
> work properly."

actually this error had "failed to activate
OAFIID:GNOME_SettingsDaemon".  the trick was to install
gnome-control-center.  this also meant i could change the above font
to something a bit more palletable.

-i
ianw@ieee.org
http://www.wienand.org