transition status

Hello all,

Ok, so we're doing pretty well on our transition plan.  Only two
packages remain with the "2" suffix in experimental or unstable; namely,
nautilus2 and file-roller2.  Takuo and Sebastien, could you guys upload
new packages without the 2 suffix to experimental?  Please send a note
to me when you're planning to do the upload so I can also update the
metapackage.  Thanks!

After that, the next big step is to get the user settings transition
scripts working.  Christian, have you made any progress on this?  I
remember you said you'd started on it a while ago.  Now that Red Hat 8
is out, we could look at their packages to see what they've done.  I
guess this is still partially pending on the "When to run upgrade
scripts" thread on -devel.

At least in our case though, we could pretty easily hack gnome-session
so it would test whether the user had a ~/.gnome but not a ~/.gnome2,
and offer to run the transition scripts then.  Make sense?