Re: Gnome 2.0 antialiased fonts

Hello :)

Just a thing to underline : in debian unstable/experimental, Xfree doesn't load the xft module and then AA isn't enabled since user hack his XF86config-4 file...

Just adding Load "xft" make the stuff working.

That's a different story. /etc/environment is the "canonical" way of
setting _system wide_ defaults. I want gdm to accept de_DE@euro as
_system wide_ default locale and I want AA enabled by default _for_
_all users.

Well BTW, I have a strange problem : AA fonts works perefectly under Gnome2/XFree if I start it from a console.
If I boot on the graphic runlevel, AA is disabled.
And yes, I've put GDM_USE_XFT=1 in /etc/environment ...

furthermore, it was working some weeks ago (I did an apt-get upgrade -t experimental)

any ideas ?

Alexis Sukrieh (sukria), <alexis@sukria.net>
. homepage  - [http://sukria.net]
. PGP key  - [http://sukria.net/print.php?c=privacy]