Re: Gnome 2.0 antialiased fonts

christophe barbé <christophe@cattlegrid.net> writes:

> > Well, I wonder if gdm2 ignores /etc/environment.
> >
> > I have both LANG=de_DE@euro and GDK_USE_XFT=1 in /etc/environment. But
> > that doesn't seem to have the desired effect. gdm2 claims that the
> > system default was English and AA isn't used in Gnome.
> >
> > (I've worked around this by setting GDK_USE_XFT in
> > /etc/gdm/Session/Gnome, but of course this isn't a clean solution.)
>
> The correct way, at least with gdm2, is to put that in your ~/.gnomerc
> file.

That's a different story. /etc/environment is the "canonical" way of
setting _system wide_ defaults. I want gdm to accept de_DE@euro as
_system wide_ default locale and I want AA enabled by default _for_
_all users.

gdm2 ignoring /etc/environment is most probably a bug, don't you think
so?

Thanks,

Johannes