Re: GNOME 1 ABI involving libpng

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:05:34 -0700
Ryan Murray <rmurray@debian.org> wrote:

> dancerj, what's the status of #155892 with upstream?  Is this going to be
> considered/applied there, or do we have to deal with it in other ways?

The upstream is going the other direction with handling versioned symbols.
They will introduce versioned symbols in the future, but we know
that it will require a full rebuild with the new packages, which
I don't think is ideal.

Not using RTLD_GLOBAL would be a good idea.

As an aside; If you are using RTLD_GLOBAL in module loading, I believe
the development package for those libraries should depend on libpng[23]-dev,
because they are loading libpng[23] in the shared namespace.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer