libgtk2 png3 transition ... [2002-08-24]

Hi,

 the following is a list of packages that still depend on libgtk2.0-0;
 this package has been removed from the archive and replaced by
 libgtk2.0-0png3.  The later does not provide the former (this is
 intentional).  The packages have to be recompiled and its build
 dependencies have to be updated to prevent the now unlikely case of an
 autobuilder still having an old version of the gtk2.0 libraries arround
 (and for technical correctness, too).

 bug-buddy: David LaBissoniere <labisso@debian.org>
        bug-buddy

 galeon-snapshot: Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org>
        galeon-snapshot
        [exists only in experimental]

 gnome-terminal2: Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org>
        gnome-terminal2
        [exists only in experimental; ftp-master has been asked to
        remove this package from the archive]

 groundhog: Stephen M Moraco <stephen@debian.org>
        groundhog

 mozilla-snapshot: Takuo KITAME <kitame@northeye.org>
        mozilla-browser-snapshot
        [exists only in unstable]

 nautilus1.1-gtkhtml: Takuo KITAME <kitame@northeye.org>
        nautilus1.1-gtkhtml
        [exists only in experimental]

 yehia: Andreas Rottmann <rotty@debian.org>
        libsigcx1-gtk, libucxx1-script-gtk
        [exists only in unstable]

 With the above info, the only thing preventing the new gtk2.0 (and
 dependents) from entering testing is bug-buddy and groundhog.  There's
 probably much more to it, but this is a first pass.

 I have built groundhog and bug-buddy.  I don't intend to NMU because:

 * Stephen, groundhog build-depends on g++-3.0... my *guess* is that
   sarge won't be released with g++3.0 *and* g++3.1 *and* g++3.2, so it
   might be worth to change that dependency to 3.2 now.  But I don't
   know what the state of g++ 3.2 in other architectures is.  Your call.

 * David, I can't test this thing because I don't know how.  All I can
   say is that a) it complains about not being able to read its
   configuration (some ugly looking errors about CORBA) and b) otherwise
   it starts up just fine.

--
Marcelo             | Item 45: Know what functions C++ silently write and calls
mmagallo@debian.org |         -- Scott Meyers, Effective C++