Re: FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 22:03, Joe Drew wrote:

> Why? afaict gedit uses libgnomevfs for file system access: specifically
> the GnomeVFSMonitorHandle, which informs programs when a file changes.
> If this uses FAM, then libgnomevfs2-0 should Recommend or Depend on fam.

It's a compile-time option for GnomeVFS, but given that ours is compiled
with FAM support, it seems silly to not have it used by default.  I'd at
least vote for a Recommends (in the libgnomevfs2-0 package), and given
that the fam package is only about 200k, I can't imagine anyone
reasonably complaining about a Depends.