Re: gtk2 engine names

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 22:58, q@nupi.com wrote:
> gtk-engines-cleanice2 - CleanIce theme for GTK+ 2.x
> gtk-engines-mgicchikn - Magic Chicken theme for GTK+ 2.x
> gtk2-engines-thinice - ThinIce theme for GTK+ 2.0
> gtk2.0-engines-metal - Metallic theme for GTK+ 2.0
> gtk2.0-engines-pixbuf - Pixbuf-based theme for GTK+ 2.0
> gtk2.0-engines-redmond95 - Windows-like theme for GTK+ 2.0
>
> what about a naming scheme for gtk2 engines: gtk2-engines-*?

Hhhm it seems i'm the trend setter on this issue. I spoke to Bastien
about this originally and he said he would re-upload his packages upon
new upstream. However we should have conducted this in public so that
the maintainer of the gtk2.0- packages would have known. Sorry.

I agree with the logic behind gtk2-, can i also point out that we should
not make the gtk2 versions conflict with the old gtk versions. The
engines can be installed simultaenously and this allows users to have
relatively consistent theming between 1.4 and 2.0 apps. Afterall
galeon/evolution/etc/etc are still some way from being completely and
successfully ported

Cheers
--
Rob 'robster' Bradford