[FIXED] re: Anyone having problems with file types (Gnome 2.0.1)?

Hi Jack,

> What version of the openoffice.org packages do you have installed?

I am using 1.0.1-4.

> If
> you have the 1.0.1-4 packages you should have an ooffice symlink for
> starting openoffice.

Yes, I have this symlink.

>This is essential for openoffice to be assoicated
> with its documents. This association requires the gnome-mime-data
> package to be installed.

I also have gnome-mime-data installed.

In any case, I made it work yesterday. Apparently the defaults are fine
and MIME configuration is just fine. I think the problem was that I
had a directory called .gnome/mime-info/ with two files: user.keys and
user.mime. As soon as I deleted this directory things started to work.
My guess is that user.mime and user.keys were overriding the correct
defaults with some incorrect configuration.

Now if I double click on an OpenOffice document from Nautilus it gets
opened with OpenOffice. And not only that, if I double click on a
Microsoft Office document (like a PowerPoint presentation) it also
gets opened with OpenOffice. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Thanks!

Eloy.-