libgnutls5_0.5.1-1 problems

   Is anyone else seeing problems with the new gnutls 0.5.1-1?
It seems to be the packaging is flawed as the respective
libgnutls-dev is missing /usr/lib/libgnutls.la. Also, when
I try to build the package locally against current debian sid,
I find that I get a link failure against.../usr/lib/libtasn1.so
instead of it using the one in the buildroot. Lastly I don't see
any libs in libgnutls5...

dpkg -L libgnutls5
/.
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libgnutls5
/usr/share/doc/libgnutls5/copyright
/usr/share/doc/libgnutls5/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libgnutls5/changelog.Debian.gz

whereas libgnutls4 has

/usr/lib/libgnutls-extra.so.4.1.4
/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.4.1.4

Is anyone seeing this mangling of the package on other arches or is
the breakage ppc specific?
                           Jack