Re: Gnome 2 summary 09/08/2002

Graham,
    I believe Joe Drew is referring to his concerns about the
gtk+-2.0 transition to libpng3 breaking local or third-party
binaries built against libgtk+-2.0. I don't see the problem
myself as few binaries in woody should have been built with
gtk+-2.0 as its gnome 1.4 based. For local binaries, well they'll
just have to deal with it and rebuild them. As to third-party
binaries, it seems to be the consensus that everyone else is
building gtk+-2.0 against libpng3 except debian.
                      Jack