Re: Gnome 2 summary 09/08/2002

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 19:00, Graham Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 05:23:02PM -0400, Joe Drew wrote:
> > FYI, I'm not planning to update [gedit] until the issues I've raised on
> > debian-devel are resolved
>
> what issues? more specifically, could you provide a link to the thread
> in the online archives?

Creating a libpng3-dependent libgtk2.0 breaks binary compatibility with
woody, and basically says to users "you can have whatever you compiled
against libgtk2.0 in woody, or you can have what we have in sarge, but
you can't have both." This is a terrible, terrible idea, and I'm sorry I
didn't have time to think about the issue when Tagoh brought it up
earlier (as I am just finishing my exams tomorrow).

You can read where I come in to the thread at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200208/msg00581.html

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

"This particular group of cats is mostly self-herding." -- Bdale Garbee