Re: GNOME 2 in unstable announcement

    Everyone here should also keep in mind that gcc 3.2
is due out next week. The last messages I saw from the
debian gcc maintainers hinted that they would be moving
sid to gcc 3.2 once it came out and not waiting for 3.3.
If that happens, there will be merit in moving sid to
both gnome 2.0 and kde 3.0.x as the latest versions will
be far more likely to be gcc 3.2-friendly in compiling.
                                Jack
ps I have been running GNOME 2.0 on debian ppc sid and
while there are rough edges it isn't that painful. Also
this is sid we are talking about. It is meant to be there
to grind out the details in the next distribution and not
as a slightly newer version of testing.