Re: G2D in unstable: a user's perspective

Question: If we want sid users to give us detailed reports of how their G1D->G2D transition went, don't they have to be able to prepare? If G2D suddenly finds its way into sid without warning to the average sid user, isn't it likely that any potential reports will be less accurate, and more clouded by the experience of suddenly being forced into dealing with something new they're not ready for? As opposed to actually giving the sid user the opprotunity to choose when and on what terms to upgrade? Whether this means some kind of pinning hack, a seperate repository, or a suffix on G2D packages, it's my personal belief that people will more more likely to give helpful and objective feedback if they get the luxury of freedom, even if they are running the "unstable" distribution.
--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/Jabber: atrus@rifetech.com =-
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he