Re: Gnome 2 summary 28/05/2002

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 09:19:13AM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> Huh to you too. I haven't received a single mail either on the BTS,
> personally or on this list from the maintainer (which I assume is the
> same Mark Brown as you are).

> I don't remember George asking for any delays in packaging gob2 either.

You're right - I mailed George when I got your mail, expecting to upload
and close the bug fairly immediately.  When he asked me to hold off for
another release I forgot to mail the bug or you.  Sorry about that.  Of
course, this cuts both ways:

> Call me stupid, but I acted out of genuine interest for the package. I'm
> one these stupid people that use gob to program for GNOME, and had a
> gob2 package sitting in my repository since the 20th of January.

The thing I'm objecting to here is that the first indication I saw that
you had any intention of uploading a package was the mail to this list
saying a package was already uploaded to unstable (I don't read this
list at all closely so missed your first mail).  You didn't mention it
in your initial bug, you didn't follow up to the bug or me personally
and you didn't bother filing a WNPP bug.