Re: GNOME2 Alpha release on Debian

Hello,

I've got an idle question about GNOME2.  As I understand it,
Gnome upstream is designed so that versions 1 and 2 can be
installed simultaneously.  True?

Are the debian packages also designed to allow Gnome 1 and Gnome 2 be
simultaneously installed?  Clearly, there is no problem for a library
that only exists in Gnome 1 or in Gnome 2.  If a library changes
SONAME from 1->2, there would be no problem with the library runtime
package.  Will the -dev packages be simultaneously installable?
What about the application packages, e.g. sawfish?

Regards,
-Steve

--
by Rocket to the Moon,