Re: no metapackage for gnome

>>>>> On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:47:44 -0500, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> said:

 Joey> (I'm not on this list.)  I've noticed an inconsistency: apt-get
 Joey> install kde will install a reasonably complete set of kde
 Joey> package, while apt-get install gnome finds no package. Take a
 Joey> look at the kde metapackage; it would be nice if gnome had a
 Joey> similar metapackage, to follow the principle of least suprise.

 Joey> Also such a metapackage for gnome would relieve us (Aj Towns,
 Joey> Randolph Chung and myself) from having to maintain a list of
 Joey> the packages required for a gnome environment in the 'desktop'
 Joey> task. Since none of us uses gnome much AFAIK, that would be a
 Joey> good thing.

I'm willing to maintain this package.  Anyone have suggestions for
things that should be included?  Here's my list:

gnome-utils
gnome-games
evolution
sawfish-gnome
gnumeric
gnucash
gedit
nautilus
mrproject
gimp
pan
galeon
gftp
xchat-gnome
balsa
gnome-admin

Maybe:
gnome-pim
gnome-net

And I know there are some more games and apps that should probably be
included.
Also i'm probably forgetting some of the required apps for the panel
and applets.
So anyone else want to add/subtract?

Jim

--