Re: XFT and GNOME 2

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 06:55:21AM +0100, Chipzz wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> > From: Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com>
> > Subject: Re: XFT and GNOME 2
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 11:20:41PM -0500, Joe Drew wrote:
> > > I'd like for this to just work out of the box. Unfortunately the only
> > > thing exceeding my desire to get things working is my lack of time to do
> > > it; however I expect I'll find some time to go poking around if I'm
> > > given some pointers to XFT resources.
> > >
> > > Is there any particular reason why the list of XFT fonts isn't a
> > > superset of the non-XFT fonts in GNOME?
> >
> > These mails explain some of how it works:
> >
> >   https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/psyche-list/2002-October/000585.html
> >   https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/psyche-list/2002-October/002797.html
> >
> > You don't want all the old X fonts listed in fontconfig, because
>
> Err, fontconfig is for the new pango which isn't in debian yet ;)

But which has chances to be part of sarge. The new gnome is scheduled
for release in january, is it not ?

It should also solve all these font troubles, should it not ?

BTW, with current gnome 2, is it possible to set AA to use the subpixel
thingy of LCD monitors ? Most docs speak about either gnome 2.2 or Qt.

Friendly,

Sven Luther